Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Al...@reuters.com on 2002/10/15 17:36:07 UTC

Getting mail in outlook client from JAMES

Hi,
I am newby to JAMES and Mail Servers in general and have a simple question.

I installed JAMES on my PC to have a local mail server for demo purposes.  I created user alex/alex on JAMES.  JAMES is getting messages fine using M$ ftp and outlook.  The messages are properly written in the mail/inboxes/ALEX directory. What I am able to do is to make JAMES send the message back to Outlook client, all within my PC.  I am assuming that if I send a message to alex@localhost from Outlook, I should get the same message on the Outlook Inbox folder.

I have the following info in Outlook under Outlook/Accounts/Servers:

Server Information
Incoming Mail (POP3); localhost
Outgoing Mail (SMTP): localhost

Incoming Mail Server