Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Saad Sarhani <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/23 12:31:44 UTC

OFBiz implementation cost

 Hi,
Does anybody here know the overall cost of implementing OFBiz in a SME, and
how long does the process last? and, too, what are training fees? (if there
are trainigs). I'm working on a comparison between open source solutions for
SME, and this kind of details aren't really available.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Saad.

unsubscribe

Posted by George Lam <ge...@netvigator.com>.
unsubscribe

unsubscribe

Posted by George Lam <ge...@netvigator.com>.
unsubscribe

Re: OFBiz implementation cost

Posted by Saad Sarhani <sa...@gmail.com>.
The question was about WebERP, that was just a mistake. For the moment I've
found something about SAP Business One (here is the link:
http://www.sap.com/smallbusiness/business_value/costs/index.epx) and
Compiere (http://www.compiere.com/training/index.html). now I'm seeking for
data about WebERPa nd OFBIz.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: [2] OFBiz implementation cost

Posted by busfahrer <th...@web.de>.

Saad Sarhani wrote:

>  Hi,
> Does anybody here know the overall cost of implementing OFBiz in a SME,
> and
> how long does the process last? and, too, what are training fees? (if
> there
> are trainigs). I'm working on a comparison between open source solutions
> for
> SME, and this kind of details aren't really available.
> Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> Saad.

Hello, Saad,
i'm working just on the same thing for about three weeks. And, to ask this
question again, is this a comparison about erp-systems or perhaps about an
e-commerce-soulution?

My study is a technical and econimical comparison of open-source
e-commerce-soulutions for SME. The nominees are mainly osCommerce and OFBiz.

Can you give more information about your work?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

see http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ofbiz-user/ for more

Jacques

Posted by George Lam <ge...@netvigator.com>.
unsubscribe

unsubscribe

Posted by George Lam <ge...@netvigator.com>.
unsubscribe

unsubscribe

Posted by George Lam <ge...@netvigator.com>.
unsubscribe

Re: OFBiz implementation cost

Posted by Yannick Thebault <ya...@nereide.biz>.
Le Vendredi 23 Février 2007 13:56, David E. Jones a écrit :

> > In fact, yoy're right, there is no
> > generic method to evaluate open source ERP project budgets.
>
> Is this any different from evaluating commercial ERP budgets?
>
> > And this method can only be applied to ERP project not the e-commerce
> > projects.

Not really. commercial ERP have just extra constants : licences costs,
maintenance costs based on a ratio of 15% of licence costs.

> Why would that be? Often ERP systems, except in small businesses, are
> just as custom as ecommerce systems.

Yes, but sometime for very samll business (or starting business) you can
evaluate project budget with incomes estimated in business plan.

> -David

Yannick

--
Yannick Thebault
Consultant

Société Néréide
Tél : 02.47.50.30.54
Site : http://www.nereide.biz/

Re: OFBiz implementation cost

Posted by Saad Sarhani <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all for your help.

Re: OFBiz implementation cost

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Feb 23, 2007, at 5:43 AM, Yannick Thebault wrote:

> I full aggree you wrote. My post only aims to explain MY method to
> evaluate
> project costs not to give THE method.

Yes, that's all I was trying to clarify.

Posted by Yannick Thebault <ya...@nereide.biz>.
David,

I full aggree you wrote. My post only aims to explain MY method to evaluate
project costs not to give THE method. In fact, yoy're right, there is no
generic method to evaluate open source ERP project budgets.

And this method can only be applied to ERP project not the e-commerce
projects.

Saad, another you have to keep in mind : with open source project you can use
services from multiple service providers. ex : 1 for implementation and 1 for
support.

Regards

Yannick

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.