Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Tomek Rekawek <re...@adobe.com.INVALID> on 2017/08/11 06:07:32 UTC

lease machine id when running Oak inside container

Hello,

I wanted to draw your attention to OAK-6547. When running Oak inside Docker, all the properties used to create the machine id and the process id are exactly the same for different containers running on the same host. I was wondering if it’s a good idea to use the container id (semi-random, long hex-binary string) as the machine id in such case.

Regards,
Tomek

--
Tomek Rękawek | Adobe Research | www.adobe.com
rekawek@adobe.com

Re: lease machine id when running Oak inside container

Posted by Tomek Rekawek <re...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Hello,

false alarm. The MAC address is different for all containers, so the machine id is different as well. The issue was caused by the unclean Oak shutdown. The `docker-compose stop` command times out after 10 seconds and kills the underlying process, which didn’t allow the DocumentMK for removing the lease info.

Regards,
Tomek