Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> on 2013/02/08 22:08:47 UTC

Re: git commit: refs/heads/master - Add ASL to scripts as a temporary workaround for RAT breakage. This will get changed to MIT license later

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 4:05 PM,  <ch...@apache.org> wrote:
> Updated Branches:
>   refs/heads/master 82dc16e58 -> 606fa9df7
>

> Add ASL to scripts as a temporary workaround for RAT breakage. This will get changed to MIT license later

Wait - so is this content MIT licensed or ASL licensed? Who owns it?
We should NEVER claim ownership or license if we don't own it.

--David

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 01:52:26PM -0800, Chiradeep Vittal wrote:

> On 2/8/13 1:08 PM, "David Nalley" <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:
>
> >On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 4:05 PM,  <ch...@apache.org> wrote:
> >> Updated Branches:
> >>   refs/heads/master 82dc16e58 -> 606fa9df7
> >>

> >> Add ASL to scripts as a temporary workaround for RAT breakage. This
> >>will get changed to MIT license later
> >>

> >Wait - so is this content MIT licensed or ASL licensed? Who owns it?
> >We should NEVER claim ownership or license if we don't own it.
> >
> >--David
>

> I weighed the karma of having RAT break the build vs having a temporary
> workaround and went with the later. Chip has it in his queue to change
> this shortly.

David, I'll get this cleaned up over the weekend.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 01:52:26PM -0800, Chiradeep Vittal wrote:

> On 2/8/13 1:08 PM, "David Nalley" <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:
>
> >On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 4:05 PM,  <ch...@apache.org> wrote:
> >> Updated Branches:
> >>   refs/heads/master 82dc16e58 -> 606fa9df7
> >>

> >> Add ASL to scripts as a temporary workaround for RAT breakage. This
> >>will get changed to MIT license later
> >>

> >Wait - so is this content MIT licensed or ASL licensed? Who owns it?
> >We should NEVER claim ownership or license if we don't own it.
> >
> >--David
>

> I weighed the karma of having RAT break the build vs having a temporary
> workaround and went with the later. Chip has it in his queue to change
> this shortly.

Should be corrected in master via commit ebe738e.

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.