Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Angela Brown <an...@linuxfoundation.org> on 2015/03/02 00:22:28 UTC

Re: [OPEN PLANNING MEETINGS] CloudStack Days 2015

Hi All,

Replying inline as well.

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 2:56 PM, Karen Vuong <ka...@citrix.com> wrote:

>  Hi Giles,
>
> Answers are inline.

What Karen said is accurate. I realize the websites currently say 'plenary
sessions in the morning and user/developer breakouts in the afternoon'
which needs to be updated. We have a plenary room and smaller hackathon
room available at each event (though the hackathon room could technically
be a breakout room).

>  4.       My suggestion would be to give one person “lead” responsibility
> for the CFP for each event. Yes, the actual selection can be done by a
> committee (open to the whole community) but from experience it takes
> somebody to drum up interest and herd the cats.
> For example, I’d be happy to take the lead on Dublin, maybe David on
> Austin,etc
>
> Currently, we have David Nalley taking the lead for the CloudStack Days
> Austin CFP. Sebastien is taking the lead for CloudStack Days Budapest CFP.
> The Japanese CloudStack User Group is taking the lead on CloudStack Days
> Japan CFP. You are taking the lead for CloudStack Days Dublin CFP. We do
> need one person to take the lead on CloudStack Days Seattle CFP – does
> anyone want to take that? John Kinsella? J
>
> 5.       Have we engaged with the guys in JPN ? – I’m sure they’ll have
> no problem filling their day J
>
> Yes, we have engaged with the Japanese CloudStack User Group. Angela has
> filled them in on Cloudstack Days Tokyo. She has ensured that they are
> aware that CloudStack Days Tokyo is their event and the Linux Foundation is
> helping with logistics. She’s doing an amazing job there. Noriaki Fukuyasu
> with the Linux Foundation is going to help with sponsorships for CloudStack
> Days Tokyo.
>
> 6.       To save work: maybe discuss having repeatable content for the
> plenary ? If we can collectively work on that content, then its less of a
> burden for whoever has got to stand up on the day
>
> Let’s discuss this during the first planning meeting so we can get a
> consensus from everyone on the call.
>
> 7.       It may be sensible to try and co-ordinate **who** from the
> existing community is going to be at each event.
>
> 8.       Risk: I initially had the thought that it would be nice if
> PMC/committers all “aimed” for one of these events  - so we could all get
> together (which we may miss with this new format). In hindsight, I think
> that could present a real risk to the success of the events (i.e. if
> committers, etc all go to, say, Seattle, it may leave the others very short
> of people to speak ,etc)
> So, bad idea, but I have to ask the question: how do we stop that
> happening anyway ? i.e. a critical mass building up around one of the
> events
>
> Let’s discuss this during the first meeting.
>

> Looking forward to the first meeting
>
> Great! I’ll forward you the calendar invitation now.

Thanks,

Angela

> Kind Regards
>
> Giles
>

> D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
>
> Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com <gi...@shapeblue.com>

Angela Brown
Senior Director of Events
The Linux Foundation
660 York Street, Suite 102
San Francisco, CA 94110
T: +1.415.368.4840
E: angela@linuxfoundation.org
W: linuxfoundation.org and events.linuxfoundation.org

Check out the Linux Foundation Event Experience -
http://youtu.be/-WUeelICQ2U