Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "B.C. Holmes" <bc...@interlog.com> on 2000/06/25 06:32:38 UTC

DOMWriter

I've been trying to work on a PROPFIND/PROPPATCH test client, and I
was using the DOMWriter class that's included in the slide code.  It
seems like the DOMWriter doesn't want me to use any encoding except
8859-1, and my Windoze/mod_dav server barfs at that encoding.

The latest version of DOMWriter from Xerces 1.0.3 does something
different with MIME2Java.

Just thot you might want to know.

Thanks,
BC
--
B.C. Holmes         \u2625         http://www.interlog.com/~bcholmes/
"You know how deep some things are, and it's just impossible to get

Re: DOMWriter

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
>      Well, my code's not much at the moment.  I'm planning to write some
> of those PROPFIND/site management utilities I was talking about earlier,
> and I need something that'll allow me to fiddle with both PROPFIND and
> PROPPATCH.
>
>      Here's what I have so far:
>
> http://www.interlog.com/~bcholmes/geek/slide-my-webdav-client.html

Wow, really cool. That's a very nice introduction to content management and
WebDAV :-)
I now have to bug Ed so that I can update the Slide page and link your site.
Nice logo, too.

> > > The latest version of DOMWriter from Xerces 1.0.3 does something
> > > different with MIME2Java.
> >
> > When I upgraded to JAXP, I quickly removed the dependancy to the Xerces
> > file. Sorry ... It's not a problem in Slide, since I'm printing only
> > canonical nodes.
> > I'll copy the MIME2Java class in the Slide tree.
>
>      Yay!  (I'm now immortalized in a CVS log!)

More to come soon :-)

Remy

Re: DOMWriter

Posted by "B.C. Holmes" <bc...@interlog.com>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> > I've been trying to work on a PROPFIND/PROPPATCH test client, and I
> > was using the DOMWriter class that's included in the slide code.  It
> > seems like the DOMWriter doesn't want me to use any encoding except
> > 8859-1, and my Windoze/mod_dav server barfs at that encoding.
>
> That's 100% normal. If I write a program, and if I *can* have problems with
> character encoding, I will definitely have problems with character encoding
> ;-)

     Eeep!

> I'm still working on the DAV client (src/clients/webdav)
> I think it would be easy for me to integrate your Propfind/Proppatch code
> into it.

     Well, my code's not much at the moment.  I'm planning to write some
of those PROPFIND/site management utilities I was talking about earlier,
and I need something that'll allow me to fiddle with both PROPFIND and
PROPPATCH.

     Here's what I have so far:

http://www.interlog.com/~bcholmes/geek/slide-my-webdav-client.html

> > The latest version of DOMWriter from Xerces 1.0.3 does something
> > different with MIME2Java.
>
> When I upgraded to JAXP, I quickly removed the dependancy to the Xerces
> file. Sorry ... It's not a problem in Slide, since I'm printing only
> canonical nodes.
> I'll copy the MIME2Java class in the Slide tree.

     Yay!  (I'm now immortalized in a CVS log!)

BCing you
--
B.C. Holmes         \u2625         http://www.interlog.com/~bcholmes/
"Besides, you can hardly suppose that we Chinese Buddhists, after

Re: DOMWriter

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> I've been trying to work on a PROPFIND/PROPPATCH test client, and I
> was using the DOMWriter class that's included in the slide code.  It
> seems like the DOMWriter doesn't want me to use any encoding except
> 8859-1, and my Windoze/mod_dav server barfs at that encoding.

That's 100% normal. If I write a program, and if I *can* have problems with
character encoding, I will definitely have problems with character encoding
;-)

I'm still working on the DAV client (src/clients/webdav)
I think it would be easy for me to integrate your Propfind/Proppatch code
into it.

> The latest version of DOMWriter from Xerces 1.0.3 does something
> different with MIME2Java.

When I upgraded to JAXP, I quickly removed the dependancy to the Xerces
file. Sorry ... It's not a problem in Slide, since I'm printing only
canonical nodes.
I'll copy the MIME2Java class in the Slide tree.

> Just thot you might want to know.

Thanks a lot.

Remy