Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Emmanouil Batsis (Manos)" <ma...@abiss.gr> on 2008/02/13 13:11:21 UTC

Revival of a Commons Dormant: Jakarta FeedParser

Hello,

Although we are very happy with ROME for our RSS feeds, we have a
heavier project on the horizon where Feedparser's SAX architecture would
be more appropriate.

We are willing to help towards a release and further development but
taking this over completely requires more resources than we can spare.
Are others interested to explore whether a dev community around
Feedparser is viable?

Cheers,

Manos

--
Manos Batsis, Chief Technologist
          __    _

5, Daphnidos Street,
14122, Neo Iraklio,
Athens, Greece

Tel: +30 210 2851517
Mob: +30 694 8376942

http://dev.abiss.gr

"BSD code is free code to be used in software. GPL code is code to be
used in free software." Kjella (173770), Slashdot

Re: Revival of a Commons Dormant: Jakarta FeedParser

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
On 13.02.2008, at 13:11, Emmanouil Batsis (Manos) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Although we are very happy with ROME for our RSS feeds, we have a
> heavier project on the horizon where Feedparser's SAX architecture
> would be more appropriate.
>
> We are willing to help towards a release and further development
> but taking this over completely requires more resources than we can
> spare. Are others interested to explore whether a dev community
> around Feedparser is viable?

Actually Kevin forked the feedparser because he was frustrated with
our release process.

  http://tailrank.com/code.php

Unfortunately it seems like in the end the end forking doesn't really
help either. As the download link is broken. And I could not find it
anywhere.

Maybe it would be worth checking with him to get copy, merge it back
and then go from there?

cheers
--
Torsten