Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Strittmatter, Stephan" <St...@siemens.com> on 2005/11/14 16:22:45 UTC

inputDate and timeZones

Hello together,

one question: How could I change the TimeZone on using inputDate?
Is it possible to enable TimeZone or on the other hand is there a
property to set it for the current session?

Thanks for any help!

Re: inputDate and timeZones

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
You have to use the attribute timeZone of the DateTime converter. If
you want them to keep the default timeZone, you can have a manage bean
with a getTimeZone method that returns TimeZone.getDefault(), and use
that attribute for the converter:

<h:outputText	value="#{myBean.myDate}">
	<f:convertDateTime pattern="dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm" timeZone="#{myBean.timeZone}" />
</h:outputText>

Regards,

Bruno