Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brian Elliott <be...@unpluggedsystems.com> on 2001/04/09 06:35:39 UTC

Just trying to get HelloWorldExample working!

I am just trying to the HelloWorldExample working with mod_jk and jap13
in a virtual hosting non-standalone apache-tomcat environment (Red Hat
6.2) I keep getting a file not found in the apache log not the tomcat
log. I have looked at tons of confusing docs but this is the one I am
trying to follow (it seems the most up to date):

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/mod_jk-howto.html

Here the URL I am invoking:

http://www.dashpass.com/servlet/HelloWorldExample
http://www.dashpass.com/examples/HelloWorldExample
http://www.dashpass.com/examples/servlets/HelloWorldExample
http://www.dashpass.com/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample
http://www.dashpass.com/HelloWorldExample

Here are my additions into httpd.conf (after removing the ApJServMount
directives) and one of the virtual hosting references:

LoadModule    jk_module  libexec/mod_jk.so
AddModule     mod_jk.c
JkWorkersFile /var/tomcat/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile     /var/tomcat/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel    debug

<VirtualHost 66.34.41.241:80>
ServerName www.dashpass.com
DocumentRoot /www/dashpass
ServerAlias dashpass.com *.dashpass.com
ErrorDocument 404 /err404.html
ErrorLog logs/dashpass.com-error_log
CustomLog logs/dashpass.com-access_log common
JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
Alias /examples "/var/tomcat/webapps/examples"
</VirtualHost>

And my additions to workers.properties:

Lworker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=localhost
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13

In my server.xml I have tried both of these:

        <Host name="www.dashpass.com">
           <Context path=""
                    docBase="webapps/examples" />
           <Context path="/examples"
                    docBase="webapps/ROOT" />
        </Host>

And:

        <Host name="www.dashpass.com">
            <Context path="" docBase="/www/dashpass" debug="0"/>
        </Host>

And examples.war does exist in: /var/tomcat/webapps and has the
following permissions:

-rw-r--r--    1 is_appl  users      120613 Dec 12 15:39 examples.war

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Brian
--
| Brian Elliott                 | Unplugged Systems / ESWC.com /   |