Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jeff Zhang <je...@gopivotal.com> on 2014/02/26 08:52:43 UTC

Question on the UnManaged-AM-Launcher

Hi all,

I look the source code of unmanaged-am-launcher, and found that it will
launch a process for AM in client side. But it is still not easy to debug a
the AM since it is a process.  Does it make more sense to run it in a
thread then it is more easy to debug in IDE ? Thanks

Jeff Zhang

Re: Question on the UnManaged-AM-Launcher

Posted by Jeff Zhang <je...@gopivotal.com>.
I guess I got the answer , the reason is that we need to pass the
environment to AM, and there's no way to pass that to thread, but it is
possible for process.  Could anyone confirm that ?

Posted by Jeff Zhang <je...@gopivotal.com>.

Posted by Jeff Zhang <je...@gopivotal.com>.

Posted by Jeff Zhang <je...@gopivotal.com>.