Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ken in nashua <nh...@hotmail.com> on 2008/01/16 14:15:02 UTC

bidirectional dom interface

Hi Folks,

I am impressed with this interface.

@EventListener(events = { "onchange" }, targets = { "pagingSpanSelect" }, submitForm = "myForm", async = true)

public void pagingSpanListener(IRequestCycle cycle)
{
}

It provides a nice interface from DOM into server side.

But How do I talk to my dom javascript node from here?

Is there a way to reference the form and set a value of a dom node that models a tapestry widget ?

Why do I need this?

Well My tapestry widget is modeled to a dom node A.

But I actually used the @Block declaration to model another dom B node to the same widget...

When I change A, B stays the same.

I need to update the other dom node when one changes.

Thanks for any tips.
Best regards Ken in nashua
http://www.windowslive.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_powerofwindows_012008

Re: bidirectional dom interface

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
Pai is correct.  UpdateComponent() must be passed a component ID.  An
arbitrary ID does not work.

--
Kevin

Posted by Pai911 <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

Posted by DR_GLoPeL_BouCa <ta...@gmail.com>.

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo-2 wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2008 12:12 PM, DR_GLoPeL_BouCa <mc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hello people, I've the similar problem, the browser not display the
>> response
>> of ajax submit, I've form with submit async="true" and
>> updateComponents="ognl:customerTable", when the ajax response come
>> browser
>> don't display any change, but in the fireBug bar, inspect de response and
>> is
>> in there, what's wrong..
>

> Try updateComponents="customerTable", without the ognl: prefix.
>
> Thiago

ok, try but don't work, try  updateComponents="ognl:customerTable" or
updateComponents="customerTable" or
updateComponents="ognl:{'customerTable'} and nothing work.

Re: bidirectional dom interface

Posted by Thiago HP <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by DR_GLoPeL_BouCa <ta...@gmail.com>.
this part of my code

<form>
   <input type="submit" jwcid="@Submit" class="boton" value="Aceptar"
tag="AgregarProveedor"   selected="ognl:comando" async="true"
updateComponents="customerTable"/>
element="tr">

</form>

thanks for your time....

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.

Posted by Pai911 <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

What if you try

/*Put the content you want to be displayed right here*/
/*Don't use render block */