Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by cqnunez <ge...@yahoo.com> on 2009/11/25 10:53:44 UTC

ProductPromoAction implementation : AND or OR ?

I was just wondering if it had been intended in ofbiz to implement actions in
an AND or an OR manner?

I have tried the ff scenario in ofbiz:

promo

1. no conditions
2. action 1 : X Product for Y Price qty = 2 amount = 5 product = GZ-1004
    action 2 : X Product for Y Price qty = 1 amount = 5 product = GZ-2002

if the order created has the ff order items

GZ-1004 qty = 2 Total = 5
GZ-2002 qty = 1 Total = 5

giving a Cart Total: 10 which I know to be correct.

If I changed the order to only have one order item:

GZ-1004 qty = 2 Total = 5

which shows that action 1 of the promo was implemented without requiring the
implementation of action 2.

wouldn't it be more correct to not apply the promo because condition implied
by the promoActions, that there should 2 of GZ-1004 and 1 of GZ-2002, are
not satisfied?

Thanks for any clarification on the matter.

Re: ProductPromoAction implementation : AND or OR ?

Posted by Mridul Pathak <mr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi,

    I don't know why you don't want to associate conditions to your rule,
but a ProductPromoRule is a combination of Conditions and Actions.  A rule
can be setup in following ways:
1. single condition, single action
2. single condition, multiple actions
3. multiple conditions, single action
4. multiple conditions, multiple actions
5. Can be just actions, if you don't have any conditional requirements

The way code is written is if all the conditions are met (AND is applied
here) then only all the Actions in that rule should apply (if they are
applicable).  If any of the conditions in that rule is not satisfied, none
of the actions will run.  In your case, since there are no conditions, it
will run all the applicable actions of your rule.

--
Thanks & Regards
Mridul Pathak