Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2006/07/06 17:47:51 UTC

[maven] Is it me, or is the

Maybe its something with my configuration, but when I went to render
the Site web pages this morning, the <ul> tags were causing weird side
effects. After a UL tag, the next few <p> tags disappeared, so that
the text runs together, but eventually, it righs itself, and the <p>
tags render again. It seems to happen with lists of three or more
items.

For an example, see the Shale Alpha announcement (be sure to refresh)

* http://struts.apache.org/announce.html#a20050328

The next announcement is suppose to have three paragraphs, but the <p>
tags were stripped out.

If someone had a chance to try rendering Site on their own system, let
me know if you see the same problem.

-Ted.

Re: [maven] Is it me, or is the

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
On 7/6/06, Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a nasty workaround - add empty paragraphs after any lists
> where it seems to be a problem - one for each item in the list, for
> example:
>
>   <ul>
>        <li>item 1</li>
>        <li>item 2</li>
>        <li>item 3</li>
>   </ul>
>
> I thought it was worth waiting to see what response the maven bug I
> raised got before considering this (none so far, but its only been a
> week).

+1 for waiting, since we'd have to rip it all out again later.

:) Hey, how important is paragraphing anyway? :)

-Ted.

Re: [maven] Is it me, or is the

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
There is a nasty workaround - add empty paragraphs after any lists
where it seems to be a problem - one for each item in the list, for
example:

  <ul>
       <li>item 1</li>
       <li>item 2</li>
       <li>item 3</li>
  </ul>

I thought it was worth waiting to see what response the maven bug I
raised got before considering this (none so far, but its only been a
week).

Niall

Re: [maven] Is it me, or is the

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
OK, I added a note to the website wiki page.

-T.

> On 7/6/06, Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Maybe its something with my configuration, but when I went to render
> > the Site web pages this morning, the <ul> tags were causing weird side
> > effects. After a UL tag, the next few <p> tags disappeared, so that
> > the text runs together, but eventually, it righs itself, and the <p>
> > tags render again. It seems to happen with lists of three or more
> > items.
>
> It's not just you.  Niall discovered that recently and open an issue for it.
>  * http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-153
>
> Although now that I think about it, the problem is most likely in
> Doxia, not in the site plugin.
>
> --
> Wendy

HTH, Ted.
* http://www.husted.com/struts/

Re: [maven] Is it me, or is the

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: [maven] Is it me, or is the

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
I'm pretty sure Niall (or someone else) has already mentioned this,
with a possible work-around.  Sorry, it's still a bit fuzzy.

Wendy?  Does this ring a bell?

--
James Mitchell