Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jaqui Greenlees <ja...@yahoo.ca> on 2006/06/24 11:25:31 UTC

--- Walter Nicholls
<wa...@cornerstone.co.nz> wrote:

> Joshua Slive wrote:
> > On 6/23/06, Chris Price <cp...@its.to> wrote:
> >>
> >>         I have sent 3 emails to the unsubscribe
> address in the past
> >> two days
> >> with no results. trying again.
> >
> > If you're trying to get any help by participating
> in this thread, you
> > aren't going to have much luck.  If you can't
> unsubscribe yourself by
> > following the directions on the webpage, then
> follow the directions in
> > the recent email that I sent.
> >
> Boy, do I wish I hadn't just deleted every message
> from the mailing list
> before I saw this. I've been trying to unsubscribe
> for the last couple
> of weeks.  Do you mind copying me that email you
> just described?
>
> If by 'the directions on the webpage' you mean
> http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html then that
> isn't going to be much
> help, since it suggests emailing the unsubscribe
> address, which as Chris
> Price points out isn't working.
>
> Sorry for the private email, but as you indicated
> the mailing list is
> not the best place for this and the subject 'xxxx'
> didn't exactly catch
> my eye in a positive way.
> - Walter

Funny, I had no problems unsubscribing an isp email
address when I was changing isp.

The most common cause of problems with unsibscribing
stem from people reading all email in one client /
service, yet having the email from a number of
accounts being forwarded to the account they read all
email from. You have to use the same email address you
subscribed with to unsibscribe. [ if you do use a
webmail account to collect list messages this could be
the cause, even though it appears you are using your
isp / work account for list messages]

Jaqui

Jeff Henager: "If the average user can put a CD in and boot the system and follow the prompts, he can install and use Linux. If he can't do that simple task, he doesn't need to be around technology."