Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com> on 2012/10/09 11:41:15 UTC

Re: null contextPath, where to set?

Hi,

Not sure, what is going on here.

But this sounds like a bug somewhere else: The servlet spec says the context path returned from HttpServletRequest.getContextPath() must be an empty string for web apps deployed to the root ("/") context. I have seen servlet containers where this was null instead (and we had to work around this bug)

But, why "null" is logged here, I cannot tell.

Also, assuming by "OSGi-fyed" you mean to also have added the "Web-ContextPath" bundle header to indicate the context path of your web application bundle as required by the spec.

Regards
Felix