Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org> on 2015/08/28 07:47:28 UTC

[DISCUSS] Upcoming release

Hi,

I'd like to discuss about upcoming release.
A lot of improvements have been made since 0.5.0-incubating release.

4 Interpreters are added (there're more work in progress),
security for websocket and rest api are improved,
ux improved a lot,
more documentation,
many bug fixes,
and so on

I think improvements are good enough to make a release.

However, next version, 0.6.0 is not completely done according to the
roadmap.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZEPPELIN/Zeppelin+Roadmap.

So, how about having one more 0.5.x release before 0.6.0?

Thanks,
moon

Re: [DISCUSS] Upcoming release

Posted by Christian Tzolov <ct...@pivotal.io>.
+1 for intermediate release. Just let it have the ZEPPELIN-219 in ;)

--
Christian Tzolov <http://www.linkedin.com/in/tzolov> | Solution Architect,
EMEA Practice Team | Pivotal <http://pivotal.io/>

Re: [DISCUSS] Upcoming release

Posted by madhuka udantha <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by madhuka udantha <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 2:43 PM, tog <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Would like to see the data validation & maps handling in that 5.x ;-)

+1 :)

Posted by tog <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by DuyHai Doan <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello moon

Posted by "Amos B. Elberg" <am...@gmail.com>.
Alex - I agree with you except that so far no-one but me has played with it... I thought having it out as an experimental feature might get more people involved so we can flesh-out the bugs.

Posted by Alexander Bezzubov <bz...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Amos B. Elberg" <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Anthony Corbacho <an...@apache.org>.