Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by janw <ja...@gmx.de> on 2006/11/16 15:42:36 UTC

No stacktrace in stdout logfile

Hello,

I know that the default behavior of Tomcat is to print all error messages /
exception stacktraces to stdout, for me this is to catalina.out.
In some cases the exception stacktrace is printed to catalina.out, but there
are errors where the stacktrace without the root cause is printed only to
the screen,
under the common "HTTP Status 500" title. Below the stacktrace there is the
hint
"The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/5.5.15 logs.".

But there I do not find the stacktrace, in no file (checked it under linux
with ll -tr).

I have a JSF application with JSPs.
I think it once worked for every exception, but now it doesn't. And I do not
catch the exception.

Any ideas how to regain the standard behaviour?

Regards,
Jan