Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/05 01:42:22 UTC

OpenJPA big bang

Hi all,

The world as you know it has just changed. Well, at least some part of it.
I've just committed the change in ODE from Hibernate to OpenJPA so now the
WAR produced by the build uses OpenJPA by default. It seems to work properly
from what I've tried. I have a feeling that it's not using the transaction
manager properly yet and it's in autocommit but I'm not quite sure, I still
have to work on that. But most processes should work anyway.

In case of emergency, you can set the system property 'ode.persistence' to
'hibernate' and it will switch back to Hibernate after a restart. But if you
find a bug, fixing it or yelling would be better anyway.

Last but not least, I had to fight a lot with Maven to get things roughly
working. However the enhancement of persistence classes in the bpel-store
won't work if you run a global build. You will have to build bpel-store
individually first and then build everything. For some reason
maven.plugin.classpath doesn't get set properly when doing a reactor build,
if somebody knows a workaround, that would be great.

Thanks to Lance for doing most of the JPA migration work!

Matthieu

Re: OpenJPA big bang

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
Nice!

Re: OpenJPA big bang

Posted by Roger Menday <r....@fz-juelich.de>.
Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> Sorry about that.  That was the problem.
> I've just updated the JBI component to use
> the JPA dao :-)

Hi,

I can confirm also. No problems with servicemix 3.1 snapshot AND 3.0
(final).

Roger

Re: OpenJPA big bang

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: OpenJPA big bang

Posted by Lance Waterman <la...@gmail.com>.
Guillaume,

Re: OpenJPA big bang

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
[...]

        at org.apache.servicemix.jbi.container.JBIContainer.updateExternalArchive(JBIContainer.java:483)
[...]
        at org.apache.ode.store.ProcessStoreImpl.exec(ProcessStoreImpl.java:478)
        ... 39 more
Caused by: <4|true|0.9.6-incubating-SNAPSHOT>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: The type "class
org.apache.ode.store.jpa.DeploymentUnitDaoImpl"
has not been enhanced.
        at org.apache.openjpa.meta.ClassMetaData.resolveMeta(ClassMetaData.java:1590)
        at org.apache.openjpa.meta.ClassMetaData.resolve(ClassMetaData.java:1564)
        at org.apache.openjpa.meta.MetaDataRepository.processBuffer(MetaDataRepository.java:654)
        at org.apache.openjpa.meta.MetaDataRepository.resolveMeta(MetaDataRepository.java:554)
        at org.apache.openjpa.meta.MetaDataRepository.resolve(MetaDataRepository.java:479)
        at org.apache.openjpa.meta.MetaDataRepository.getMetaData(MetaDataRepository.java:283)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.jpql.JPQLExpressionBuilder.getClassMetaData(JPQLExpressionBuilder.java:162)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.jpql.JPQLExpressionBuilder.resolveClassMetaData(JPQLExpressionBuilder.java:131)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.jpql.JPQLExpressionBuilder.getCandidateMetaData(JPQLExpressionBuilder.java:211)
        at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.jpql.JPQLExpressionBuilder.getCandidateMetaData(JPQLExpressionBuilder.java:181)
[...]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: OpenJPA big bang

Posted by Maciej Szefler <mb...@intalio.com>.
Can you verify if this happens for you with servicemix 3.0M1?
-mbs

Re: OpenJPA big bang

Posted by Roger Menday <r....@fz-juelich.de>.
Hi Guillaume,