Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Kostas Tzoumas <kt...@apache.org> on 2014/11/27 20:34:31 UTC

[DISCUSS] Graduation of Flink from the Incubator

Hi everyone,

I would like to share a discussion that we have been having on the PPMC
list.

Flink has successfully made two Apache releases and added 5 committers
since entering the Incubator. The community is openly discussing in the
mailing lists, and new contributors and users are coming to the project at
a very good rate.

I feel that this is the right time for Flink to graduate from the Incubator
and become a top-level project (TLP).

Kostas

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation of Flink from the Incubator

Posted by Vasiliki Kalavri <va...@gmail.com>.
Nothing much to add except that I totally share your excitement and I fully
support ^^

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Hi!

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@apache.org>.
I agree with Kostas.
Let's go for the graduation!

Cheers, Fabian

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
As I mentioned on the other thread, yes it seems like this is a good time. +1

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
+1.  Some quotes from my email to the PPMC on this topic:

The project has successfully made two [I stand corrected, three] Apache
releases and added new committers.  The community seems to be good at
welcoming new contributors, based on the interactions on the mailing
lists.  The core team members seem to have quickly picked up the need to
make the mailing lists the medium of discussion and collaboration.

I asked myself if there was any benefit to the community in staying in
incubation longer, and I could not think of any.

Alan.

--
Sent with Postbox <http://www.getpostbox.com>

--