Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/08/21 22:11:03 UTC

Anybody home?

My real question is - should I simply remove Turbine 3 from Gump?   I'm
reposting information about reproducing the problem below.  Let me know...

Depending on your operating system, adjust and execute one of the lines in
the first section below.  Then execute the second set in its entirety.
Then execute one of the lines in the third section below.

   export CLASSPATH=.:/usr/java/jdk1.3.1/lib/tools.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.3.1/jre/lib/rt.jar
   SET CLASSPATH=.;C:\jdk1.3.1\lib\tools.jar

   wget http://www.apache.org/~rubys/gump-fulcrum.zip
   cvs co jakarta-turbine-fulcrum
   unzip gump-fulcrum.zip
   cd jakarta-turbine-fulcrum

   sh build.sh
   call build.bat

- Sam Rubyb

Re: Anybody home?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
On 8/21/01 4:11 PM, "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> My real question is - should I simply remove Turbine 3 from Gump?   I'm
> reposting information about reproducing the problem below.  Let me know...

I did the following:

1) update gump descriptors
2) regenerated scripts
3) ./update.sh jakarta-turbine-torque
4) ./build.sh jakarta-turbine-torque

And everything works fine. I will try your scenerio below now.

> Depending on your operating system, adjust and execute one of the lines in
> the first section below.  Then execute the second set in its entirety.
> Then execute one of the lines in the third section below.
>
>  export
> CLASSPATH=.:/usr/java/jdk1.3.1/lib/tools.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.3.1/jre/lib/rt.jar
>  SET CLASSPATH=.;C:\jdk1.3.1\lib\tools.jar
>
>  wget http://www.apache.org/~rubys/gump-fulcrum.zip
>  cvs co jakarta-turbine-fulcrum
>  unzip gump-fulcrum.zip
>  cd jakarta-turbine-fulcrum
>
>  sh build.sh
>  call build.bat
>
> - Sam Rubyb

jvz.

Jason van Zyl

http://tambora.zenplex.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity
http://jakarta.apache.org/alexandria
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons

Re: Anybody home?

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 8/21/01 1:11 PM, "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> My real question is - should I simply remove Turbine 3 from Gump?   I'm
> reposting information about reproducing the problem below.  Let me know...
>
> Depending on your operating system, adjust and execute one of the lines in
> the first section below.  Then execute the second set in its entirety.
> Then execute one of the lines in the third section below.
>
>  export
> CLASSPATH=.:/usr/java/jdk1.3.1/lib/tools.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.3.1/jre/lib/rt.jar
>  SET CLASSPATH=.;C:\jdk1.3.1\lib\tools.jar
>
>  wget http://www.apache.org/~rubys/gump-fulcrum.zip
>  cvs co jakarta-turbine-fulcrum
>  unzip gump-fulcrum.zip
>  cd jakarta-turbine-fulcrum
>
>  sh build.sh
>  call build.bat
>
> - Sam Rubyb

Where is the documented minimum time to fix things?

In other words, putting pressure on us to fix things that we know are broken
isn't cool. There is 50 things we all are doing, we know it needs to be
fixed.

Ok?

-jon

Re: Anybody home?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
On 8/21/01 4:11 PM, "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> My real question is - should I simply remove Turbine 3 from Gump?   I'm
> reposting information about reproducing the problem below.  Let me know...

Sam, I also double check that I committed all changes to the descriptor. I
thought I might not have committed a change to the torque descriptor but
everything is up-to-date in the repo.

Re: Anybody home?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
On 8/21/01 4:11 PM, "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> My real question is - should I simply remove Turbine 3 from Gump?   I'm
> reposting information about reproducing the problem below.  Let me know...
>
> Depending on your operating system, adjust and execute one of the lines in
> the first section below.  Then execute the second set in its entirety.
> Then execute one of the lines in the third section below.
>
>  export
> CLASSPATH=.:/usr/java/jdk1.3.1/lib/tools.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.3.1/jre/lib/rt.jar
>  SET CLASSPATH=.;C:\jdk1.3.1\lib\tools.jar
>
>  wget http://www.apache.org/~rubys/gump-fulcrum.zip
>  cvs co jakarta-turbine-fulcrum
>  unzip gump-fulcrum.zip
>  cd jakarta-turbine-fulcrum
>
>  sh build.sh
>  call build.bat

Sam, this does not work on my machine because the build.sh script does not
include a CLASSPATH entry for the jdbc.jar. When I just regenerated the
script on my machine the overall build.sh script does have a classpath entry
for jdbc.jar. Something is out of sync.