Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stéphane Rault <ks...@yahoo.fr> on 2005/02/25 10:40:42 UTC

RE : RE : [VFS] Asking for a solution with Zip files

>Caused by : org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not
>create folder "ftp://name:password@myftpserver/aNewFile" because it
>already exists and is a file.

Maybe one of your previous tests already created that folder??

--> I want to create a new file at the root of my ftpserver. Surely the
folder exist ! But the ftp provider seems to try to create it again. I don't
understadn why.

And for sure, the ftp provider supports writing :-)

--> that's a good news :-)

--

Stéphane

RE : RE : [VFS] Asking for a solution with Zip files

Posted by Stéphane Rault <ks...@yahoo.fr>.
Here is the result of a dir command

ftp> dir
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
drwxr-xr-x   5 web site      152 Feb 17 10:01 .
drwxr-xr-x   5 web site      152 Feb 17 10:01 ..
drwx------   2 web site       80 Feb 17 10:01 StefTest
drwx------   3 web site       72 Jan 19 13:32 drivers
-rw-r--r--   1 web site      457 Jan 19 13:35 index.html
drwxr-xr-x   2 web site      272 Jun 16  2004 photos
226-Transfer complete.
226 Quotas: utilisation de 41 Mo sur les 1024 Mo
ftp : 322 octets reçus en 0,27 secondes à 1,19 Ko/sec.

If you need more info for testting, mail me directly and i will give you my
username and password in private.

Posted by Stéphane Rault <ks...@yahoo.fr>.
By the way, i've the same behaviour with an url like
ftp://myAccount:myPassword@myFtpServer.fr/aFolderThatExist/aFileToCreate

>Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not create
>folder "ftp://myAccount:myPassword@myFtpServer.fr/" because it already
>exists and is a file.

I wonder why VFS tries to create the *root* folder.
Maybe the underlaying ftp-client do have some problems in parsing the
directory-listing ... maybe something with language settings.

Could you please provide a listing using a commandline ftp client - I
would like to see how the directory listoutput is formatted.

---
Mario

Re: RE : [VFS] Asking for a solution with Zip files

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.

Posted by Stéphane Rault <ks...@yahoo.fr>.
Try this

    private static void main(String[] args) {

        try {

            StandardFileSystemManager manager = new
StandardFileSystemManager();
            manager.setFilesCache(new SoftRefFilesCache());
            manager.init();

            FileObject fileFtp = manager

.resolveFile("ftp://myAccount:myPassword@myFtpServer.fr/test.html");
            fileFtp.createFile();

        } catch (Throwable t) {

            System.out.println("It doesn't work !! : " + t);
            t.printStackTrace();
        }

I catch this stack trace :
org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Unknown message with code
"vfs.provider/create-file.error".
	at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.createFile(AbstractFileOb
ject.java:773)
	at test.FileTest.test7(FileTest.java:181)
	at test.FileTest.main(FileTest.java:38)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not create
folder "ftp://myAccount:myPassword@myFtpServer.fr/" because it already
exists and is a file.
	at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.createFolder(AbstractFile
Object.java:793)
	at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.getOutputStream(AbstractF
ileObject.java:1120)
	at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.getOutputStream(AbstractF
ileObject.java:1088)
	at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.createFile(AbstractFileOb
ject.java:764)
	... 2 more

>Maybe one of your previous tests already created that folder??
>
>--> I want to create a new file at the root of my ftpserver. Surely the
>folder exist ! But the ftp provider seems to try to create it again. I
>don't understadn why.

Do you have some code-sniplet you could provide to see what you do.

Maybe a conditional createFolder like:

if (!fo.exists())
{
    fo.createFolder();
}

solve your problem !?

---
Mario

Re: [VFS] Asking for a solution with Zip files

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.