Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com> on 2005/04/20 14:32:19 UTC

o.a.pi.poifs.filesystem.TestEmptyDocument fails on HEAD

with the following error. Ideas?? Can someone confirm this with latest
CVS HEAD?
(ant -Dtestcase=org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.TestEmptyDocument
single-test)

[junit] Testcase: testSingleEmptyDocument took 0.113 sec
    [junit]     Caused an ERROR
    [junit] Cannot remove block[ 0 ]; out of range
    [junit] java.io.IOException: Cannot remove block[ 0 ]; out of range
    [junit]     at
org.apache.poi.poifs.storage.BlockListImpl.remove(BlockListImpl.java:103)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.poi.poifs.storage.BlockAllocationTableReader.fetchBlocks(BlockAllocationTableReader.java:190)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.poi.poifs.storage.BlockListImpl.fetchBlocks(BlockListImpl.java:128)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.POIFSFileSystem.processProperties(POIFSFileSystem.java:403)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.POIFSFileSystem.<init>(POIFSFileSystem.java:102)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.TestEmptyDocument.testSingleEmptyDocument(TestEmptyDocument.java:94)

Re: o.a.pi.poifs.filesystem.TestEmptyDocument fails on HEAD

Posted by Rainer Klute <kl...@rainer-klute.de>.
Am Freitag, den 22.04.2005, 11:46 +0530 schrieb Avik Sengupta:
> And we've seen that happen to POI in the last year that we've had
> breakage in HEAD.. it really affects development velocity when you cant
> answer the above question confidently!
>
> I've tried to find a middle path in the current build.xml that i just
> checked in .

Oh, well, this is probably the best we can do today. Thanks!

Best regards
Rainer Klute

                           Rainer Klute IT-Consulting GmbH
  Dipl.-Inform.
  Rainer Klute             E-Mail:  klute@rainer-klute.de
  Körner Grund 24          Telefon: +49 172 2324824
D-44143 Dortmund           Telefax: +49 231 5349423

Inhibit software patents: http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/

Re: o.a.pi.poifs.filesystem.TestEmptyDocument fails on HEAD

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com>.
>Instead someone should fix the bugs.

Well, yes, that is ideal.. but if that doesnt happen, then you are left
with the possibility that regressions get into the codebase when people
cant answer "Do all tests that are SUPPOSED TO PASS, continue to pass
after my fix?"

And we've seen that happen to POI in the last year that we've had
breakage in HEAD.. it really affects development velocity when you cant
answer the above question confidently!

I've tried to find a middle path in the current build.xml that i just
checked in .

Regards
-
Avik