Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Buckler, Christine" <Ch...@nordstrom.com> on 2018/07/02 18:31:42 UTC

Scores with Solr Suggester

Is it possible to return a score field for Suggester results like it does with standard search? I am looking for the score which quantifies how close of a match between type entered and suggestion result (not the weight associated with the suggestion). Is this possible?

Christine Buckler
[id:image001.png@01D3F81F.AF489300]christinebuckler
[id:image002.png@01D3F81F.AF489300]206.295.6772

Re: Scores with Solr Suggester

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <a....@sease.io>.
Hi Christine,
it depends on the suggester implementation, the one that got closer in
having a score implementation is the BlendedInfix[1] but it is still in the
TO DO phase.
Feel free to contribute it if you like !

[1]
https://sease.io/2018/06/apache-lucene-blendedinfixsuggester-how-it-works-bugs-and-improvements.html

-----
---------------
Alessandro Benedetti
Sease Ltd. - www.sease.io

Re: Scores with Solr Suggester

Posted by Christian Ortner <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christine,

suggesters work differently than regular search as they complete an input
query, usually based on a state machine built from a dictionary. If you
want the similarity of input and suggestion, you can create a search
component to compute it yourself and set the value in the payload field. If
suggestions should be returned in a re-ordered way already, it would have
to be done in such a search component as well.

Cheers,
Chris