Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by de...@yahoo.com on 2002/02/14 10:31:03 UTC

C2 too slow

Hi everybody.
I am a newbie. My problem is compiling and executing time.
Compiling takes 30 min for the first time , and executing also takes 7-9 min for  first time.
What is the prob.?
My system is p3 750 64 mb ram
Thanks in advance

Re: C2 too slow

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
dexsec@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi everybody.
> I am a newbie. My problem is compiling and executing time.
> Compiling takes 30 min for the first time , and executing also takes 7-9 min for  first time.
> What is the prob.?
> My system is p3 750 64 mb ram
> Thanks in advance

What's the OS?

I have found that for Java based apps, Win 9x series operating systems are horrendous.
If you upgrade to at least WinNT/Win2000/WinXP you will see much better results.  Who
knows, you may see even *better* results with Linux or some other UNIX.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

Re: C2 too slow

Posted by Alexandre Victoor <av...@prisma-presse.com>.
Hi
I think that some extra Mb of RAM on your system would be very useful. 64Mb
are not enough.
Regards

Alex

XSL parameter question

Posted by Gustav Liden <gu...@ctakt.com>.
Hi,

As an XSL-beginner, I'm having a problem I don't understand that has to do
with parameter passing through the sitemap to an XSL:

Can anyone see why the sorting (using 'sortby' parameter) of my elements
doesn't work while the parameter is correctly output later. If I hardcode
sorting (see commenting) it works...

XSL:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
	<xsl:param name="sortby"/>
	<xsl:output method="xml"/>
	<xsl:template match="QueryResult">
		<QueryResult>
				<xsl:apply-templates select="Customer">
					<xsl:sort select ="$sortby"></xsl:sort>
<!--					<xsl:sort select ="City"></xsl:sort>-->
				</xsl:apply-templates>
		</QueryResult>
	</xsl:template>
	<xsl:template match="Customer">
		<row>
			<column>
				<justtext><xsl:value-of select="$sortby"/><xsl:value-of
select="Name"/></justtext>
			</column>
			<column>
				<justtext><xsl:value-of select="City"/></justtext>
			</column>
		</row>
	</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Anyone sees what's wrong?

Thanks,

Gustav

RE: C2 too slow

Posted by hugo burm <hu...@xs4all.nl>.
Do you have an OS that supports native threads and a Java JIT (just in time
compiler e.g. Sun's hotspot)?
I had serious perfomance problems (about the same as you have) using "green
threads" without JIT on a BSD OS. Switching to an OS with native threads and
a JIT
 (e.g. W2000 or Linux) solved my problems (at least three times as fast). If
you already are using one of these OS'es, make sure your JIT is enabled

Hugo