Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@apache.org> on 2017/05/29 16:41:57 UTC

Fwd: Good examples of licensing in ASF produced web apps?

@Ranger,

Please see the email below which indicates that Ranger WAR file have dependencies that should not be bundled and/or specified in the LICENSE/NOTICE files. Can we review our binary release files to ensure that we are in compliance with Apache Releases?

@Roman:
We will try to go through the list and ensure that our LICENSE and NOTICE files are updated with bundled binaries ? (RANGER-1623 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-1623>)
In the meanwhile, if you can add the details on the files that are not in compliance in the above JIRA, it will greatly help the ranger community to fix it asap.

Thanks,
Selva-