Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/08 07:05:09 UTC

push Ivy 2.0 beta 1 to maven 2 repo?

Hi,

As you have noticed I've prepared a maven 2 friendly distribution of Ivy.
Are you ok if we push it (once the release will be accepted) to the apache
maven 2 repository? If so, where is it on people.a.o?

Xavier
http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: push Ivy 2.0 beta 1 to maven 2 repo?

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 9, 2007 12:54 AM, Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2.0.0-beta1 to the maven 2 repository too (if we get no -1 in the upcoming
> hours).

I've just checked the project by laws and seen that we still have to wait
for the release to be definitive. I thought the vote timeframe was 3 days,
but it's a whole week, so the release won't be out for my talk at javapolis.
I've also learned that only a lazy majority is needed, and not a lazy
consensus, so we only need to get more +1 than -1, it seems on the right
track :-)

Hence the (new) release date should be Dec 13.

Xavier

Re: push Ivy 2.0 beta 1 to maven 2 repo?

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 8, 2007 7:05 AM, Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As you have noticed I've prepared a maven 2 friendly distribution of Ivy.
> Are you ok if we push it (once the release will be accepted) to the apache
> maven 2 repository? If so, where is it on people.a.o?

I think I have the answer for the location:
/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository

I've updated the m2 staging repository on my page with:
- md5 and sha1 checksums, generated using openssl on people.apache.org
- added maven-metadata.xml in org/apache/ivy/ivy/ + md5 and sha1, based on a
model from wicket (actually published with maven 2)

Then I've tested resolving a dependency on ivy using maven2 with this
repository, and it worked with no problem. So I guess we are ready to
publish 2.0.0-beta1 to the maven 2 repository too (if we get no -1 in the
upcoming hours).

Xavier
PS: here is the pom used for the test:
-------------------8<-----------------------