Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de> on 2014/01/28 23:18:14 UTC

Re: switch trunk from Mac 32bit to 64bit

Am 12/19/2013 05:58 PM, schrieb jan i:
> On 19 December 2013 17:29, Herbert Duerr<hd...@alice.de>  wrote:
>
>> The new Mac port looks quite good. I uploaded a current version to my page
>> [1]. Jürgen already mentioned it will only work for OSX 10.7 and up. It is
>> based on todays trunk, which already contains a lot of fixes and
>> enhancements compared to our latest release. For details you can have a
>> look at our progress tracking page [2].
>>
>> [1] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/
>> [2] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/izlist9.htm
>>
>> In the early days of next year I plan to update our trunk so the new port
>> becomes active. To build it yourself you'll need XCode4 then. XCode4 comes
>> with the 10.7 SDK.
>>
> +1 the wiki "build instructions" should also be updated.

I've created a new webpage for sys reqs:

http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_aoo41.html

Of course it is not yet linked from somewhere.

Marcus

Re: switch trunk from Mac 32bit to 64bit

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 01/29/2014 08:43 AM, schrieb Andre Fischer:
> On 28.01.2014 23:18, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

>>> +1 the wiki "build instructions" should also be updated.
>>
>> I've created a new webpage for sys reqs:
>>
>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_aoo41.html
>
> Thanks, great work.
> Maybe we should not state so prominently that we are not Windows 8
> certified. We don't have the goal to be and probably never will. As far
> as I know we also not certified on any other Windows, or any other OS.

For the first step I've just modified the Mac things, just to make sure
it will not be forgotten.

For the Win certification, in the past we had some users who ask for
this. We simply referred them to the sys regs. So, in general IMHO it's
helping to have it. I've changed the wording a bit. Is it now better?

Marcus

Re: switch trunk from Mac 32bit to 64bit

Posted by Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com>.
On 28.01.2014 23:18, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 12/19/2013 05:58 PM, schrieb jan i:
>> On 19 December 2013 17:29, Herbert Duerr<hd...@alice.de>  wrote:
>>
>>> The new Mac port looks quite good. I uploaded a current version to
>>> my page
>>> [1]. Jürgen already mentioned it will only work for OSX 10.7 and up.
>>> It is
>>> based on todays trunk, which already contains a lot of fixes and
>>> enhancements compared to our latest release. For details you can have a
>>> look at our progress tracking page [2].
>>>
>>> [1] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/
>>> [2] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/izlist9.htm
>>>
>>> In the early days of next year I plan to update our trunk so the new
>>> port
>>> becomes active. To build it yourself you'll need XCode4 then. XCode4
>>> comes
>>> with the 10.7 SDK.
>>>
>> +1 the wiki "build instructions" should also be updated.
>
> I've created a new webpage for sys reqs:
>
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_aoo41.html

Thanks, great work.
Maybe we should not state so prominently that we are not Windows 8
certified.  We don't have the goal to be and probably never will. As far
as I know we also not certified on any other Windows, or any other OS.

-Andre

Posted by František Erben <er...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
Java is necessary for use Wizards (Letter, Fax, Agenda…) too.
If you don’t have installed Java (OS X 10.7 is distributed by default without Java), AOO show you dialog about it.

Best regards

+Frantisek Erben

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 01/28/2014 11:18 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
> Am 12/19/2013 05:58 PM, schrieb jan i:
>> On 19 December 2013 17:29, Herbert Duerr<hd...@alice.de> wrote:
>>
>>> The new Mac port looks quite good. I uploaded a current version to my
>>> page
>>> [1]. Jürgen already mentioned it will only work for OSX 10.7 and up.
>>> It is
>>> based on todays trunk, which already contains a lot of fixes and
>>> enhancements compared to our latest release. For details you can have a
>>> look at our progress tracking page [2].
>>>
>>> [1] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/
>>> [2] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/izlist9.htm
>>>
>>> In the early days of next year I plan to update our trunk so the new
>>> port
>>> becomes active. To build it yourself you'll need XCode4 then. XCode4
>>> comes
>>> with the 10.7 SDK.
>>>
>> +1 the wiki "build instructions" should also be updated.
>
> I've created a new webpage for sys reqs:
>
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_aoo41.html
>
> Of course it is not yet linked from somewhere.

I think the paragraphs about Java and accessibility need an update. So,
please experts, update the text, so that it is correct for the release.

Thanks

Marcus