Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Nelson, Randy J" <ra...@bankofamerica.com> on 2007/10/31 18:00:32 UTC

Multiple Mirrors in Settings being ignored

I had a question about the Maven Ant Task, but not sure where to post it.

Version: Maven-ant-tasks-2.0.7.jar

I have noticed the following occurrences when you have multiple mirrors defined in 'settings.xml' for a repository such as 'central' and I want to know if that is what is expected, or if it is a bug, or if I am doing something incorrect:

1.  it will only check the first mirror, then stop.
2.  this 'first mirror' is the only value put into the repository list passed into DefaultWagonManager class
3. the 'addMirror' method is never called on DefaultWagonManager class

I was looking into implementing the MNG-714-maven-artifact-manager.patch which checks through all mirrors, then the original repository before giving up, but since the 'addMirror' method never gets called, there is no way to implement this.

Thanks for you help,
Randy

Re: Multiple Mirrors in Settings being ignored

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
The name mirror is a bit confusing - it is not actually a search
list, but a selection of which "mirror" to use. So it's intentional
that it only hits the first one.

If you need to search multiple repositories - you can add them in a
profile in the settings, or directly to the POM if necessary.
Alternatively you can use a repository manager to take care of all
this part, and just have your settings point to that.

Regards,
Brett

Brett Porter - brett@apache.org