Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2010/01/06 19:59:19 UTC

Blueprint NamespaceHandlers: DOM or Stax?

I've been working on converting the xbean-spring namespace handler to
work with blueprint and really wonder why NamespaceHandler is
specified to use DOM rather than Stax.  Is this an historical accident
that should be corrected ASAP or is there an actual benefit to using
DOM?

I haven't looked into the insides of aries blueprint, would it be a
good idea to use stax there also?

thanks
david jencks

Re: Blueprint NamespaceHandlers: DOM or Stax?

Posted by Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org>.
The namespace handler support in the blueprint RFC specified to use
DOM before it was pulled from the 4.2 spec, which is why DOM is used
here.

The OSGi Alliance is looking at namespace handlers again, I don't have
a problem with something more modern being used, but I am worried
about changing if the standard ends up using DOM.

Alasdair

Posted by The Dweller <ba...@gmail.com>.