Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org> on 2021/10/14 21:51:50 UTC

POI 5.1.0 RC2?

Hi Devs,

there were heaps of changes since RC1 and it looks like PJ is working full-time on POI.

When should I provide the RC2?

Andi

Re: POI 5.1.0 RC2?

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Alain,

We don't seem to have any real world users hitting issues with chart cloning - it's just something that the test harness that tests lots of files does. I don't think there is any urgency on fixing the cloning issue.

Regards,
PJ

On Sunday 24 October 2021, 17:10:14 IST, Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ <ab...@for-scala.it> wrote:

Hi,

I will definitely need to reorganise my life to reserve some time for the required XDDF improvements. The code has been developed with only a few examples. This is why it is still marked with @Beta but people seem to start using it for real...

Best regards,
Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ

⁣Obter o BlueMail para Android ​

Re: POI 5.1.0 RC2?

Posted by Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ <ab...@for-scala.it>.
Hi,

Re: POI 5.1.0 RC2?

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: POI 5.1.0 RC2?

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Looks like the poi-integration code was changed a few months so the code that walks the document and loads XmlObjects tries harder to walk the graph.

The svn commit 1888985 labelled with 'TIKA-3164 - add more .xsb and classes needed for TIKAs extractor' is the main change.

I definitely think we should consider the option of using the full schema jar, by default.

Re: POI 5.1.0 RC2?

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

See the report at

Re: POI 5.1.0 RC2?

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Dominik,

Re: POI 5.1.0 RC2?

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: POI 5.1.0 RC2?

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.
Hi PJ,

On 24.10.21 16:58, PJ Fanning wrote:
> I added a change to poi-ooxml-lite gradle file to force the inclusion of the 107 extra XSBs.
>
>   poi-ooxml-lite 5.0.0 - XSB count=1498
>
> poi-ooxml-lite latest snapshot - XSB count=1220
>
> no 5.0.0 XSBs are missing from snapshot.
>
> Is there anything else blocking an RC2? If not, I can see about creating the artifacts.

Thanks for taking care about the XSBs.

If you start rolling the release, please send a message to the dev list - it makes your life easier if no-one else commits and in cases you would need to fix the gradle scripts.

I'm not sure if this is essential, but I set the file stamps of the zip/tgz archives to the expected announcement day.

Andi

Re: POI 5.1.0 RC2?

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I added a change to poi-ooxml-lite gradle file to force the inclusion of the 107 extra XSBs.

 poi-ooxml-lite 5.0.0 - XSB count=1498

poi-ooxml-lite latest snapshot - XSB count=1220

no 5.0.0 XSBs are missing from snapshot.

Is there anything else blocking an RC2? If not, I can see about creating the artifacts.

On Thursday 21 October 2021, 07:04:42 IST, Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at> wrote:

Hi,

The re-run with "full" is now available at
http://people.apache.org/~centic/poi_regression/reports/index500RC2to510RC2.html

1089 failed files compared to 5.0.0, mostly XDDF, only a few others.

Also 300 files that now fail with some "invalid ZIP", seems Apache Compress
is a bit more "picky" on some half-broken files compared to the Java Zip
classes, but there is likely not much we can do.

BTW, 1377 failed before, but now work fine, so overall we already improved
things!

Thanks... Dominik.

Re: POI 5.1.0 RC2?

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.