Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by "Kumar, Ishita" <is...@iu.edu> on 2020/04/10 17:21:54 UTC

Airavata-Courses: Service Mesh technology Real World Implementation

Hi,
My team would like to dive into enhancing the observability into distributed systems. Our Micro-services architecture in the weather forecast application right now cannot handle too many requests. Often one micro-service becomes the bottle -neck which we uncovered by testing various end-points of the JMeter Test. After researching about the capabilities of service mesh, we believe a central repository for troubleshooting and mitigating incidents would be beneficial to the usability of our project.
We'd like to test different service mesh technologies (Linkerd, ISTIOS) and see which one serves to our benefit the most. We'd also like to enforce some traffic policies to make our system more mature and user-friendly.
We would further like to work and see which service mesh technology would be better suited for MFT and also contribute to extending its applications further.
We'd appreciate your feedback on this. Thank You?.

Regards,
Ishita kumar
MS-CS Fall 2019