Posted to droids-dev@incubator.apache.org by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org> on 2010/02/11 17:16:52 UTC

Extending Droids

I'm looking to extend Droids. I'm guessing that what I'm going to do
will be beneficial to other users. Would you prefer that I enhance the
capabilities of existing objects, or should I create new objects with
the enhanced capabilities? I need more capability with respect to
returned data from the HTTP sessions, and I need the ability to inject
URIs to ignore dynamically at run time. I can either add functionality
to RegexURLFilter or create a ModifiableRegexURLFilter. I can add
functionality to the existing HTTP components, or create Advanced*HTTP*
style objects.

I plan to submit patches as I go, I just want to make sure that it is
compatible with the project's desires.

Richard

Re: Extending Droids

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.
Okay. Some of the stuff I'm adding is pretty basic and perhaps just
finishing off the capabilities already inherent. Other places I'm adding
new functionality. If the devs want a change to what I'm putting up,
just let me know and I can easily break it out or collapse it in.

Richard

RE: Extending Droids