Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com> on 2011/04/19 23:01:57 UTC

[VOTE] release deltacloud 0.3.0 (RC3)

Hi all,

I just uploaded the third release candidate for Deltacloud 0.3.0. The rc is
available from http://people.apache.org/~lutter/deltacloud/0.3.0/rc3/
This RC fixes a critical bug in the EC2 driver.

Please vote on the release candidate by Friday, 2011-04-22 5pm PDT.

Overview of the changes for this release:

Server:
  * Dynamic driver switching: select driver on a per-request basis; new
    toplevel 'drivers' collection describing drivers supported by server
  * Create images from running instances (EC2, Mock, GoGrid, Rackspace);
    advertised as action 'create_image' in instance details when possible
  * New 'user_files' feature for create_instance to advertise RAX-style
    injection of user data
  * Return status 204 after successful DELETE operation
  * Return status 401 when authentication fails because of invalid
    credentials
  * Blobs: support user metadata as key/value pairs passed through
  * Support HEAD requests to retrieve the operations and methods supported
    by a collection
  * Support for OPTIONS request to retrieve optional and required
    parameters for operations
  * Advertise 'create_instance' action for each image
  * Drivers
    + EC2
      - instance_count feature to allow creating multiple instances at once
      - run commands inside an insance via ssh
      - by default, list images owned by 'amazon', when passing in empty
        owner_id, list _all_ images (thousands)
    + Eucalyptus
      - new driver for Eucalyptus (Sang-Min Park)
    + Gogrid
      - run commands inside an insance via ssh
      - allow creating sandbox instances
    + Rackspace
      - report root password after instance creation
    + SBC
      - new driver for IBM SBC cloud (Eric Woods)

Client:
  * run: new method to run commands via ssh
  * drivers: list drivers supported by server
  * properly list blobs in a bucket when showing bucket details
  * full support for managing blobs and buckets

I will update the website and docs to reflect those changes in time for
the official release.

David

Re: [VOTE] release deltacloud 0.3.0 (RC3)

Posted by "marios@redhat.com" <ma...@redhat.com>.
On 20/04/11 00:01, David Lutterkort wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just uploaded the third release candidate for Deltacloud 0.3.0. The rc is
> available from http://people.apache.org/~lutter/deltacloud/0.3.0/rc3/
> This RC fixes a critical bug in the EC2 driver.
>
> Please vote on the release candidate by Friday, 2011-04-22 5pm PDT.

+1 release

marios

Posted by Michal Fojtik <mf...@redhat.com>.
On Apr 19, 2011, at 11:01 PM, David Lutterkort wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just uploaded the third release candidate for Deltacloud 0.3.0. The rc is
> available from http://people.apache.org/~lutter/deltacloud/0.3.0/rc3/
> This RC fixes a critical bug in the EC2 driver.
>
> Please vote on the release candidate by Friday, 2011-04-22 5pm PDT.

+1 for release

  -- Michal

Posted by "marios@redhat.com" <ma...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1

Posted by Michal Fojtik <mf...@redhat.com>.

Michal Fojtik, mfojtik@redhat.com
Deltacloud API: http://deltacloud.org

Re: [VOTE] release deltacloud 0.3.0 (RC3)

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1