Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sylvain Bolay <sy...@irovision.ch> on 2007/03/14 18:16:03 UTC

[users@httpd] apache 2.2 reverse proxy ftp

Hello Everybody,

May I use mod_proxy with mod_proxy_ftp for reverse proxying to a lan proftpd
server?

Thanks for your help.

Sylvain

Re: [users@httpd] apache 2.2 reverse proxy ftp

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 14.03.07 18:16, Sylvain Bolay wrote:
> May I use mod_proxy with mod_proxy_ftp for reverse proxying to a lan proftpd
> server?

no. FTP protocol can not be proxied, so the only usage of FTP with proxy is
telling FTP client to use proxy, so it will talk to the proxy using HTTP
protocol.