Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by cholavi <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2011/04/14 00:36:16 UTC

"Response message: Unauthorized" (Response code : 401) for Ajax requests

Hi,

For some reasons, I am getting "Response message: Unauthorized" (Response
code : 401) for the Ajax requests in my script. The same request works fine
for many threads and few randomly fail.  I added Authorization Manager at
Test plan level and thread group as well with valid userid/password. Cookie
Manager is also set and the Cookie data shows all the required variables
with right data.

I checked the Server log and it shows either one of the below:

Unexpected exception caught in AjaxExceptionFilter

org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing
failed; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: Value for
xxxxxOrderId cannot be null
        at
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:656)
OR

Unexpected exception caught in AjaxExceptionFilter

org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing
failed; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: xxxxxx Order Id is
required for getting XXX Quote Data
        at
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:656)

xxxxOrderId reported in the error message was not null and I checked the
values using Debug sampler.
Could any one please help me what other areas I need to look at? Or any
suggestions?

Appreciate your help.
Thanks!

Re: "Response message: Unauthorized" (Response code : 401) for Ajax requests

Posted by cholavi <ch...@yahoo.com>.
Additional Information:

I checked the output with Wireshark for those failed URLs and find the
following:

%xxx/@rzP5~PTVHTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=4BE80798CE488B2675CB9E4B3A3FE0A7; Path=/xxx
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 22:48:09 GMT

{"name":"Session
Timeout","redirectUrl":"/xxx/summary/view.do","message":"Your session has
timed out due to inactivity.","localizedMessage":"Your session has timed out
due to inactivity."}

And the following is the header for the failed url. If any one experienced
this issue and resolved the same, please let me know:

Request Headers:
Accept: application/json, text/javascript, */*
UA-CPU: x86