Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org> on 2015/11/17 00:41:56 UTC

regex-property goal of build-helper-maven-plugin documentation is incorrect

Documentation on the regex-property goal of build-helper-maven-plugin at
http://www.mojohaus.org/build-helper-maven-plugin/usage.html has an
error.  This error has persisted for some time and has proliferated
around the Internet, for example in several Stack Overflow posts.

The error is this:

In the section marked "Set a property by applying a regex replacement to
a value",
under <configuration>, we see the <value> element exampled as

<value>$\{project.version}</value>

This is incorrect.  The goal will fail if the backslash is included and
succeed if it is omitted.  From my basic understanding of regex and of
Maven, it seemed wrong and I have verified that it is.

It's probably a typo, one that has confused some people, for example, on
Stack Overflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17516313/possible-bug-when-parsing-properties-with-goal-regex-property-of-build-helper

Can someone fix it?

Steve Cohen

Re: regex-property goal of build-helper-maven-plugin documentation is incorrect

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
Please verify the site at http://www.mojohaus.org/build-helper-maven-plugin/

I will call a vote to release 1.9.2 soon

Thanks

Dan

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexander Kriegisch <al...@kriegisch.name>.