Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Mackinnon, Douglas" <DO...@LibertyMutual.com> on 2013/05/02 19:11:02 UTC

Accessing MAPI PR_CLIENT_SUBMIT_TIME Property

Hello All,

I've been searching the web and reading POI/Microsoft documentation and am hoping somebody can point me in the right direction.

I am parsing MSG files (MS Outlook 2010 / POI 3.9) and trying to access the MAPI properties PR_CLIENT_SUBMIT_TIME and PR_MESSAGE_DELIVERY_TIME...they don't appear available though.

I ran my files through the debug utility: org.apache.hsmf.dev.HSMFDump and the only two dates found were PR_LAST_MODIFICATION_TIME and PR_CREATION_TIME.

When I call org.apache.poi.hsmf.MAPIMessage.getMessageDate() a NULL is returned.

Since all the other methods were working I was just grabbing the date from the email headers...until I realized email messages from my "Sent Items" folder do not appear to have headers.

As an experiment I opened the same exact .msg file using C# and when I use their getSentDate and getReceivedDate the appropriate dates come back so this indicates to me that it must be stored in the .msg file someplace...I just need to figure out how to access them with Apache POI.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Doug