Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Augusto Alvarez <au...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/20 21:37:45 UTC

Subversion authenticating to different domains

 Hello everyone,

 I'm doing some research about subversion deployment with apache2 and
Windows Active Directory. I had succesfully deployed a subversion installed
on *openSUSE 10.3 x86, apache2 2.2.4-70 and authenticating with single
Windows Active Directory*... everything works great there.

 But *I haven't found yet the way to accomplish for the SVN server manage
authentication from two domains*: I have two different domains (domainA.com
and domainB.com) and I want to achieve that my subversion could authenticate
any user from domainA.com and domainB.com... Basically *I don't want to
create users on domainA.com that actually belongs to domainB.com, just for
allowing them to work on the same repositories.*

* Is that in anyway possible???*

 Thanks!!

 Augusto

Re: Subversion authenticating to different domains

Posted by Augusto Alvarez <au...@gmail.com>.
The only module that I was using was authzn_ldap... adding authn_alias
module as Kevin recommended I could actually achieve that my subversion
authenticate users from two different domains.

Thanks!

Augusto

Posted by Ni...@infineon.com.

Posted by Augusto Alvarez <au...@gmail.com>.
Using the authn_alias module works like a charm!!

 Thanks a million!!

Cheers!

Augusto

Posted by km...@rockwellcollins.com.