Posted to user@struts.apache.org by j alex <st...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/21 02:19:36 UTC

S2 Validation XML -- multiple methods on same Action

Hi,

Just checking one more time if someone has an answer to my below email. We
decided to go with XML validation, and as i understand it, we cannot have
validation files based on action methods, but can only name it by action
alias. This makes me create a new action alias entry in struts.xml for each
action method, and also change the buttons/links in jsp accordingly.

It'll be great if someone can provide inputs before i embark on this huge
refactoring.

Thanks,
Joseph

Re: S2 Validation XML -- multiple methods on same Action

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.
Use wildcards for your actions.

<action name="abc_*" method="{1} class="com.mypaysite.MyAction>

The action's alias now includes the method name.  Refer to the action by
it's alias matching the wildcard:

<s:submit value="button1" action="abc_methodA"/>
<s:submit value="button2" action="abc_methodB"/>

Use the validation filenames ActionClassName-alias-validation.xml:

MyAction-abc_methodA-validation.xml
MyAction-abc_methodB-validation.xml

Hope that helps,
Jeromy Evans