Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Sampath, Raja" <Ra...@ap.sony.com> on 2002/11/16 09:44:56 UTC

Problem with IPlanet 4.1 web Server and Axis 1.0

Hi,

I am having a problem with Axis installation in iPlanet Web Server 4.1

My iPlanet 4.1 web server is running on Win 2000, I have downloaded the Axis
1.0.  In the iPlanet  I configured the AxisServlet and AdminServlet and
mentioned the classfile location as
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.

I can see the AxisServlet and AdminServlet.  But cannot see the Services.
And so Unable to deploy the services what I developed.

I tried in the iPlanet, virtual-path as /services/* pointing to this
AxisServlet and it is not working.

Then I tried in the iPlanet, virtual-path as /services/AdminService pointing
to this AxisServlet; then I tried to deploy the services what I developed
from the command-prompt.  The services are deployed and I can see in the
browser when I called like this

	http://hostname:port/axis/servlet/AxisServlet
But from here when I click the wsdl link for all the service (including the
AdminService, version and the services what I developed) I am getting
message as PAGE NOT FOUND.

When I checked in the log file, I can see the following info.

[16/Nov/2002:16:11:28] warning ( 3812): for host 43.68.8.10 trying to GET
/services/testCfSubscribeToApp, send-file reports: can't find
E:/iplanet/Netscape/Server4/docs/services/testCfSubscribeToApp (File not
found)
[16/Nov/2002:16:12:26] info ( 3812):  Suspend Httpd Service
[16/Nov/2002:16:12:27] info ( 3812): AxisServlet: destroy
[16/Nov/2002:16:12:27] failure ( 3812): Internal error: unexpected exception
thrown from the servlet destroy function (servlet
class=org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet):
java.lang.NullPointerException, Stack: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:375)
	at
com.netscape.server.http.session.SimpleSession.setAttribute(SimpleSession.ja
va:444)
	at
com.netscape.server.http.session.SimpleSession.putValue(SimpleSession.java:4
63)
	at
com.netscape.server.http.servlet.NSServletContext.setAttribute(NSServletCont
ext.java:234)
	at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.storeEngine(AxisServletBase.j
ava:238)
	at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.destroy(AxisServletBase.java:
174)
	at
com.netscape.server.http.servlet.NSServletWrapper.call_destroy(NSServletWrap
per.java:103)
	at
com.netscape.server.http.servlet.NSServletWrapper.destroy(NSServletWrapper.j
ava:75)
	at
com.netscape.server.http.servlet.NSServletRunner.shutdown(NSServletRunner.ja
va:697)

[16/Nov/2002:16:12:28] info ( 3428): successful server startup
[16/Nov/2002:16:12:28] info ( 3428): iPlanet-WebServer-Enterprise/4.1
BB1-03/03/2000 21:15
[16/Nov/2002:16:12:29] info ( 3428): Loading Simple Session Manager by
default. Specify MMapSessionManager in servlets.properties to load
persistent session manager

Hi all, Please do help me in locating where I am making the mistake, why it
is not finding the service in the corrct place, instead its searcbhing in
the document directory.

I need to complete the task urgently.  Please do help me.

Regards
RAJA SAMPATH