Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Vijay Bhat <vi...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/20 20:36:06 UTC

Using the Sqoop Hook on Airflow

How do folks configure a Sqoop hook for the Sqoop operator? I don't see a
'sqoop' operator type in the list of connection types under Admin -> Create
-> Conn Type.

Do you just configure as an SSH hook and add all the fields under Extra? Or
is there a cleaner way?

Thanks!
Vijay

Re: Using the Sqoop Hook on Airflow

Posted by Boris Tyukin <bo...@boristyukin.com>.
I just use bash operator and call sqoop cli. IMHO sqoop operator does not
add any functionality in fact it is limiting it:

1) you cannot use all sqoop commands / options
2) more importantly, I did not want to pass connection password in open
text to sqoop (if you do, it will be stored in log files)

So I just used bash operator *templatized *with jinja  and
hadoop.security.credential.provider with jceks to store passwords
http://www.ericlin.me/securely-managing-passwords-in-sqoop