Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Boris Aleksandrovsky <ba...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/15 21:32:58 UTC

topic.partition.count.map

Hi,

Does topic.partition.count.map parameter accept wildcards or regex by any
chance?

I have a setup where a user can own a topic namespace and there are also
separate topics for
dev, staging and prod environments. The prefix of the topic name is a type
of job the topic consumer does.

For instance I might have

categorize-dev-boris
categorize-stage-boris
extract-dev-boris
extract-stage-boris

etc..

I would like to be able to assign all topics which start with categorize
partition count 10,
extract partition count 5, etc.

Can I say
topic.partition.count.map=categorize*:10;extract*:5

??

Thanks,
Boris

Re: topic.partition.count.map

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
In trunk, we have a new api in consumer that supports wildcard. Check out
createMessageStreamsByFilter in consumer connector.

Thanks,

Jun