Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Gul Onural <on...@nortel.com> on 2006/11/12 07:02:31 UTC

Using standard wsdl:fault with extended faultcodes

Hi,

I am trying to use wsdl standard (WSDL 1.1, SOAP 1.1) fault in my wsdl
as it is defined in
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-SOAP-20000508/#_Toc478383507.
faultcode
faultstring
faultactor
detail

There are small set of SOAP Fault Codes defined under
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-SOAP-20000508/#_Toc478383510.
For example the following faultcodes are defined in the spec :

VersionMismatch
MustUnderstand
Client
Server

I want to use faultcode to set more detailed fault codes, such as
Client.Authentication, etc...
I want to be able to explicitly define these faultCodes in my wsdl, so
that client would know exactly what to expect.
What I am trying to do is not really custom fault, but I am looking for
a way to let the client programmatically know
what to expect in faultcode, by specifying the "extended faultcodes" in
my wsdl. Then client would inspect faultcode
to take proper action.

Does anybody know how to do this ? How would operation look like in this
case :
<operation name="op1">
         <input message="op1Request"/>
         <output message="op1Response"/>
         <fault name="op1fault" message="What to specify here ?"/>
</operation>

Gul