Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Vicente Jiménez <go...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/03 18:06:49 UTC

CouchDB after an Apache Proxy

I've set a CouchDB database after an Apache reverse proxy (with rewrites
rules) and the database works perfetly, but the futon admin console doesn't
work with normal rewrite rules. This is normally due to the use of absolute
path. Because when trying to access the Futon console I can see the images
but the sistem hangs trying to access the list of all the DBs because the
requested /_all_dbs couldn't be found on the server. Note the starting "/"
at the beguining of the request.
Posible solutions to this:

1. Could this be changed to request _all_dbs or perhaps
../../_all_dbsbecause the referer is
_utils/browse/index.html ? I don't know if there's more problems because the
script hangs (no time out?) with the second /_all_dbs request.
2. request a _all_dbs with URL utils/browse/_all_dbs that points to the same
function.

3. Don't change anything, but at least, report an error in the console
instead of freeze when the script gets a 404 error from the server.

Keep the good work.
Cheers

Vicente Jimenez

Re: CouchDB after an Apache Proxy

Posted by Jeremy Wall <jw...@google.com>.
I have seen a similar problem but it revolves around the use of url
encoding. For instance Futon may ask for a doc this way:
http://couch.marzhillstudios.com/metabase/_design%2Fusers

The above request will fail but if you rewrite it this way:
http://couch.marzhillstudios.com/metabase/_design/users It succeeds. I
haven't been able to work out why that is yet. Does anyone have a suggestion
as to why?

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 06:06:49PM +0200, Vicente Jiménez wrote:
> 1. Could this be changed to request _all_dbs or perhaps
> ../../_all_dbsbecause the referer is
> _utils/browse/index.html ? I don't know if there's more problems because the
> script hangs (no time out?) with the second /_all_dbs request.
> 2. request a _all_dbs with URL utils/browse/_all_dbs that points to the same
> function.

Sounds good.