Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "usman.ch" <us...@infotechgroup.com> on 2010/05/04 09:59:48 UTC

Dynamic Library Build on Windows (DLL) for 0.6

Hi,
I am new to qpid. I am looking to build qpid using visual studio 2008 from
the source available at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/.
I try to  use the visual studio project available in patch at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12401029/QPID-1673-qpid-solution.v2.patch
but using them it appears that there are several source files missing like
#include "qpid/framing/AMQP_AllProxy.h"
#include "qpid/framing/AMQP_AllOperations.h"
etc.
can some body guide me through.
Regards,
Usman

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

RE: Dynamic Library Build on Windows (DLL) for 0.6

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Usman,

> Bundle of thanks for quick response. I am using qpid 0.5 code
> instead. My application is based on Unicode and when I try to
> compile qpid 0.5 visual studio project common and broker with
> project setting set to "Use Unicode Character Set" I received
> errors related to Unicode like
>
> "error C2664: 'OpenEventLogW' : cannot convert parameter 2
> from 'const char [12]' to 'LPCWSTR'"
>
>  "error C2664: 'LogonUserW' : cannot convert parameter 1 from
> 'const char *' to 'LPCWSTR'"
>
> Could you please tell me qpid supports Unicode is there a
> patch available for it?

No, Unicode support has not been attempted or tested. Additional effort
is required for this. Maybe you would have time to help with this area?

> Thanks in advance,

You're welcome.

-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications

Posted by "usman.ch" <us...@infotechgroup.com>.
Hi Steve,

Bundle of thanks for quick response. I am using qpid 0.5 code instead. My
application is based on Unicode and when I try to compile qpid 0.5 visual
studio project common and broker with project setting set to "Use Unicode
Character Set" I received errors related to Unicode like

"error C2664: 'OpenEventLogW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'const char
[12]' to 'LPCWSTR'"

 "error C2664: 'LogonUserW' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const char *'
to 'LPCWSTR'"

Could you please tell me qpid supports Unicode is there a patch available
for it?

Thanks in advance,

Usman Majeed

Principal Software Engineer

Usman.choudhary@infotechgroup.com

InfoTech Private Limited

T: +92 (42) 111-427-427  F: +92 (42) 3587-2265  M:+92 (321) 444-9515

12-N, Gulberg II, Lahore 54660, Pakistan.

www.infotechgroup.com          Lahore . Karachi . Islamabad . Dubai .
Singapore . Accra

privileged. It is intended for the addressee only. If you have received this
e-mail in error please notify us immediately and delete this email. You
should not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any person.
We cannot accept any responsibility for viruses; please scan all
attachments. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those
of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of InfoTech. InfoTech
does not take any responsibility for the views of the author.

Save the environment. Think before printing.

> I am new to qpid. I am looking to build qpid using visual
> studio 2008 from the source available at
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/.

Ok.

> I try to  use the visual studio project available in patch at
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12401029/QPID
> -1673-qpid-solution.v2.patch
> but using them it appears that there are several source files missing
like
> #include "qpid/framing/AMQP_AllProxy.h"
> #include "qpid/framing/AMQP_AllOperations.h"
> etc.

Right - a file extracgted from a jira probably won't work by itself.

> can some body guide me through.

Yes - there are instructions in qpid/cpp/INSTALL-WINDOWS that will guide
you through building with Visual Studio 2008.

Best regards,
-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications
http://www.riverace.com

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org
Use/Interact: mailto:[hidden email]

  _____

View message @
http://apache-qpid-users.2158936.n2.nabble.com/Dynamic-Library-Build-on-Wind
ows-DLL-for-0-6-tp5002182p5003290.html
To unsubscribe from Dynamic Library Build on Windows (DLL) for 0.6, click
<http://apache-qpid-users.2158936.n2.nabble.com/subscriptions/Unsubscribe.jt
p?code=dXNtYW4uY2hvdWRoYXJ5QGluZm90ZWNoZ3JvdXAuY29tfDUwMDIxODJ8MzgzNzE3MzE1>
here.

RE: Dynamic Library Build on Windows (DLL) for 0.6

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Usman,