Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by sh...@e-z.net on 2011/11/29 17:41:41 UTC

XALAN-C -- Propose Dropping Some Microsoft Support -- VOTE

XALAN-C I Propose Dropping Some Microsoft Support

I propose dropping support for Microsoft Platforms (VC6 and VC7)
from the current SVN repository (ref: XALAN-C 1.11).

The support for Microsoft VC6 and VC7 has been removed from the
XERCES-C (XML Parser) library as of Version 3.0.

The current SVN repository for XALAN-C is configured to support
the XERCES-C 3.1.1 release.

--

Should a repository branch be made to create patches for the old
XALAN-C 1.10 release?  Such a branch would allow use of the

The patches would be primarily to the Microsoft *.vcproj
and *.dsp files, and the various makefiles for UNIX platforms.

This would require a branch so as to keep the trunk oriented
toward a XALAN-C 1.11 release.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway - XALAN Documentation Project

-- VOTE REQUIRED --

Re: XALAN-C -- Propose Dropping Some Microsoft Support -- VOTE

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@we7.com>.

+1 from me as well.

Gareth

--
Gareth Reakes, CTO         we7 - Great Free Music
+44-20-7117-0809                   http://www.we7.com

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson

Re: XALAN-C -- Propose Dropping Some Microsoft Support -- VOTE

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.