Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2018/01/15 17:11:55 UTC

[4.11] Guid is not updated for cluster with specified cluster id; need to wait for hosts in this cluster to come up

Hello,

Just installed 4.11 RC1 and following some tests with a single HV I tried adding another, but only to get the error in the subject.
http://img.nux.ro/R7x-Selection_314.png

More logs here http://tmp.nux.ro/s3J-guid-cluster-err.txt

The management server does not even attempt to contact that HV (verified with tcpdump).
This host has not been added before, it's brand new.

I did play around with the HA settings (turned it on and off, both at cluster and host level - it's off now), in case it's relevant.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: Guid is not updated for cluster with specified cluster id; need to wait for hosts in this cluster to come up

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Ok, I solved it.

The install was a bit bumpy because of the problem in my other email re VLAN/VXLAN, so maybe that's what caused it.
I checked cloud.cluster table and my cluster was missing the "guid", it was NULL.
I've generated a uuid and updated the table and I was able to add the rest of the hypervisors.

So do a "select * from cloud.cluster;" see if that's your problem as well.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hi,