Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mark P Ashworth <in...@connext.co.za> on 2007/07/03 13:05:10 UTC

[S2] FCKeditor

Good Day,

I am busy updating my Struts 2 plug-in that contains a tag for the Open
Flash Chart component and I was wondering if anybody would be interested in
a tag for the popular FCKeditor component?

I have the basic editor working and based upon response will make it
available in the Connext-Graph plug-in.

Regards,
Mark P Ashworth
http://ww.connext.co.za

Re: [S2] FCKeditor

Posted by Mark P Ashworth <in...@connext.co.za>.
Good Day,

I got the basic FCKEditor to work as a plug-in but the advance features like
the templates and the styles did not want to resolve correctly from withi
the jar. It is quite simple to use the editor using the javascript as a
normal web resource.

FCKEditor has many features that woud take quite sometime to provide a
complete Java / Struts implemention for. I believe they have a JSP tag
library that does some of the integration.

I apologies that I cannot be of more help at this time.

Regards,
Mark P Ashworth
http://www.connext.co.za

Re: [S2] FCKeditor

Posted by Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@sparecreative.com>.
We've got this on our todo list but we're  kind of snowed under a little at
the moment.

You know that you can use the standard Jsp tags like below with Struts2 and
it works as expected :

<FCK:editor     basePath="/info/FCKeditor/"
                id="copy"
                width="90%"
                height="480" >
    <c:out value="${contentObj.copy}" escapeXml="false"/>
</FCK:editor>

Z.

Re: [S2] FCKeditor

Posted by florinmarcus <fl...@gebs.ro>.
Hi Mark,

Re: [S2] FCKeditor

Posted by Mark P Ashworth <in...@connext.co.za>.
Good Day,

It will be a plug-in to the Struts 2 core. An example of the tag would be

To include the FCKEditor javascript library, you will do the following in
the head section of your page.

&lt;m:head&gt;

And then in the form you would do the following

&lt;m:fckeditor key="project.description" /&gt;

The FCKEditorTag extends the TextareaTag, so what ever parameters you can
send to a textarea you can do with the FCKEditorTag.

Currently the only problem is loading the fckstyles.xml and fcktemplate.xml
from the plug-in jar but I am sure I'll get that working shortly.

Regards,
Mark P Ashworth
http://www.connext.co.za

Re: [S2] FCKeditor