Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Sahoo <Sa...@Sun.COM> on 2008/04/12 19:40:48 UTC

When is the next maintenance release?

Is there a maintenance release scheduled anytime in near future? I am
seeing a serious performance issue while using
org.apache.felix.main:1.0.3. If I build felix from the trunk and use
that, the problem disappears. I am trying to find out the exactly what
is causing the performance problem. In the mean while, I thought I
should check if there is a maintenance release scheduled sometime soon.

Thanks,
Sahoo

Re: When is the next maintenance release?

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
> Sahoo wrote:
>
> > Any update about this release?
> >

>  We are in the process of moving forward...I ran it through the TCK and is
> passes all of the normal tests, so it is good to go. Karl is in the process
> of getting it ready for a vote.
>
>  -> richard

Yup, I'll call the vote tonight or tomorrow.

regards,

Karl

> > Thanks,
> > Sahoo
> >

> > > Yes, we'll cut it from the current trunk. I have a small patch to
> > > apply and clean things up a bit and Rick needs to run it past the TCK
> > > again. Then I can cut the release. Including vote, 1.0.4 should be
> > > available next week then.
> > >
> > > regards,
> > >
> > > Karl

Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: When is the next maintenance release?

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by Sahoo <Sa...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
> > >  > Is there a maintenance release scheduled anytime in near future? I am
> > >  > seeing a serious performance issue while using org.apache.felix.main:
> > >  > 1.0.3. If I build felix from the trunk and use that, the problem
> > >  > disappears. I am trying to find out the exactly what is causing the
> > >  > performance problem. In the mean while, I thought I should check if
> there is
> > >  > a maintenance release scheduled sometime soon.
> > >

> > >  FYI, this was one of the major performance improvements made in trunk:
> > >
> > >   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-500
> > >
> > >  which was fixed post-1.0.3 - but I'm not sure when 1.0.4 (or 1.2.0) is
> due
> > >

> > Well, I think we are in pretty good shape atm -- hence, I can cut a
> > 1.0.4 release soon.
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Karl
> >

>  That will be extremely helpful for us. Just to be sure, 1.0.4 will be made
> out of the current state of trunk, right? Or is there another point from
> which this will branched/cut?

Yes, we'll cut it from the current trunk. I have a small patch to
apply and clean things up a bit and Rick needs to run it past the TCK
again. Then I can cut the release. Including vote, 1.0.4 should be
available next week then.

regards,

Karl

>  Thanks,
>  Sahoo

Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: When is the next maintenance release?

Posted by Sahoo <sa...@sun.com>.

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: When is the next maintenance release?

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
On 13/04/2008, Sahoo <Sa...@sun.com> wrote:

> Is there a maintenance release scheduled anytime in near future? I am
> seeing a serious performance issue while using org.apache.felix.main:
> 1.0.3. If I build felix from the trunk and use that, the problem
> disappears. I am trying to find out the exactly what is causing the
> performance problem. In the mean while, I thought I should check if there is
> a maintenance release scheduled sometime soon.

FYI, this was one of the major performance improvements made in trunk:

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-500

which was fixed post-1.0.3 - but I'm not sure when 1.0.4 (or 1.2.0) is due

Thanks,
> Sahoo

Cheers, Stuart