Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Jones, Ken" <Ke...@Kronos.com> on 2006/03/27 17:15:04 UTC

Status of Axis 1.4 (Java) and Axis2 0.95

Good Morning-

	This may be the wrong venue to post these questions, but here
goes.  Please point me in the right direction if another list may be a
better place.

	We currently bundle Axis 1.2 in our product.  We are aware of a
memory leak situation, to the best of our information, which is resolved
in Axis 1.4 and possibly Axis2.  We have to make a decision of what
version we are going to include soon, within a few weeks.  I have not
been able to figure out if Axis 1.4 is going to be released anytime
soon.  I'm aware there are nightly builds, but there hasn't been any
mention on the Web Services News.  Is active development of Axis 1.4
still going on?  Or has work transferred to Axis2?  I note that release
0.95 has just been released and that for 0.94 they mention that fixing
of memory leaks was a major change.  Are these changes to address the
same memory leaks that were found in Axis 1.2 and 1.3?

	So, bottom line I'm trying to get a picture of where Axis 1.4
and Axis2 stand from a release perspective to make a decision about
which course of action we follow.

Thanks,

Ken

Ken Jones